Wednesday 11 September 2013

self analysis

As I look back over what I've done this summer, I wonder about the thin line between self analysis and art therapy. I'm not ill, I'm just ageing, it's not easy nor do I have a choice in the matter. Trying to articulate this journey is almost impossible, I've no idea what words to choose, none come up to the mark for me. But images do, they tell of shadows, distant memories perhaps false, created histories and whispers. I'm layering my thoughts with these images, as I position one on top of the other. Some take on a dominant role, others float quietly behind, hoping to be un-noticed. This will take me to the words I need to write. This is nipping at my heels, demanding attention and I don't know where to begin, I'm in a fog.






2 comments:

  1. I do love these images. As a writer, I sometimes envy you. There are times when words won't do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel envious Catherine, your words come up to the mark :)

      Delete

If you feel this resonates with your own experience in some way then feel free to comment.