Wednesday 8 August 2012


I'm right above the sea, how could I not be in heaven here :)  Arctic tern entertain me in the evening light, swooping and diving. The place is never silent, it's a working harbour with boats coming and going all day; constant movement. It reminds me of Lochranza, up to a point.
It's taken me till today, to settle down to work. Agan though, darkness bubbles up from within and overflows onto the page, in word and paint. 
I wonder what will come out from this residency? They usually give me a sense of release and direction, much needed.

 
This is what lies just beneath the water; another place altogether. 

We miss so much when we look.




 Just a slight shift in vision can bring a new world into view.


1 comment:

  1. shetland...edge of the world...the place to be....whoever you want to be.....

    ReplyDelete

If you feel this resonates with your own experience in some way then feel free to comment.